Skip to main content

Overseas Landlords

We are experienced in letting properties for landlords who don’t reside full time in the UK. Over the years we have helped a growing number of landlords who have chosen to invest in rental property in the UK let and manage their properties with our reliable and convenient service. 

Whilst we strive to offer a hassle-free service, there are a number of factors that overseas landlords will need to be aware of before renting their property. When letting property and collecting rents for landlords overseas, as the letting agent we are obliged by the Taxes Management Act (TMA) 1970 and the Taxation of Income from Land (Non-Residents) Regulations 1995 to deduct tax (at the basic tax rate) to cover any tax liability unless you have been authorised in writing by Inland Revenue to receive rent gross. 

If you have this authorisation it is important you make us aware of this and that you make the introduction to the accountant you have appointed to manage your rental income. Don’t worry if you don’t have an accountant, this is something we can offer as an additional service and the appointed accountant will act as the liaison between you and the Inland Revenue.

As with our UK based landlords, overseas landlords are charged a standard annual fee. This fee is used to cover administration expenses and this is tax-deductible and in most cases means overseas landlords have minimal tax liability.

If you would like to talk to one of our friendly and experienced team about letting your UK property you can use the form below to arrange a call back.